2009 Aluminium Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Satellitecentra, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Satellitecentra macrumors newbie

Hi guys , got a 2009 Mackbook that started the "Spotlight" effect on the bottom of the screen plus one side (left is noticibly darker than the right)
    i have tried all the tricks , SMC, PRAM, suspending and resetting display nothing worked
    so i,m going to go ahead and change out the screen , oh and i attached it to an external monitor and picture is perfect , so i,m hoping the GPU is ruled out and working as it should ?
    Its never been dropped , overheated or in any way abused , no liquid spills or excessive dirt
    any thoughts ?

2. Satellitecentra thread starter macrumors newbie

3. revbarabbas macrumors regular

It's probably just a bad backlight...if it was totally dark I'd suggest the inverter was bad but since it's only one side I think it's just the light source itself (unsure if it's LED or florescent in that model).

4. Satellitecentra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, i am a PC Tech but i did not have the courage to change out the LCD myself (Whimp) , so i gave it to one of our guys who does phones, ipad,s an laptops all day long he ordered a new screen $45 and installed it last night at home , its perfect again :) much brighter , i prob didnt notice it getting dimer over time , anyway its perfect again :)