2009 Honda Pilot

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iDAG, Jan 14, 2008.

1. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

http://automobiles.honda.com/2009-prototype-pilot/

Well I'm a big fan of Honda's for some odd reason. I drive a 2001 Accord and my parents have a 2005 Pilot. I think it looks sweet and it will look better by the production version of this SUV. Just wanted to see what everyone thought of it.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm just waiting until Honda jumps on the clean diesel bandwagon. An Accord that gets 50+mpg? Oh hell yeah. And I'd love to replace my current Tacoma with a diesel Ridgeline.

I hear that 2010 is when Honda should be putting diesel engines in their American cars. Can't come fast enough for me...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

At first glance, it looks like and Armada.

As an Acura guy (last 4 leases were Acura's), you can't go wrong with a Honda.

6. seattle macrumors 6502

We have a 2007 Pilot and it has the shifter on the steering wheel and it looks like the new one is on the dash.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

We do too, and love it. It is great in the snow!

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like Honda as well. I just have a certain affinity to their cars.....or maybe it's to their company brand. I feel the same way about Aston Martin, Apple, and a few other brands.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i agree we need to see more diesels in the US

10. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

11. Frisco macrumors 68020

I think it looks nice. And I also at first glance thought of the Nissan Armada, but that is not a bad thing.

Honda > Toyota

12. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

Oh I can agree with that, my parents almost bought me a Yaris, I love my Accord so much more than that or any Toyota for that matter. :)

13. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Big Honda fan here too. It just kills me that you can't get the Civic Hybrid with leather seats or the other "luxury" features that are avaiable for the Civic EX-L. I hope they'll add those as options soon.

14. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I like this design lots... Those headlights are simply awesome.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I disagree. I like them both. We currently own a 2007 Honda Pilot and a 2003 Toyota Camry. They are both great cars.

16. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

17. avincent52 macrumors regular

IMHO, Honda builds boring beige boxes.
    But unlike Dell, they work.

Allen

18. iGav macrumors G3

I'm still always astounded at how the public perception of a brand can differ between two such (usually) closely related countries. :confused:

19. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yeah especially this

Honda=Toyota>>Nissan

20. Evangelion macrumors 68040

I'm sorry, but that car looks like yet another useless and generic SUV.

I have a '94 VW Passat Wagon (FWD) with 2-liter engine, and I can cope in the Finnish winter just fine. Anyone who feels that he needs a SUV or 4x4 in order to manage driving in the winter should really reconsider their future as a car-driver. You might need one if you drive in the middle of nowhere or something, but you should then consider a proper 4x4 (like Land Rover Defender) instead of "SUV".

And anyone who feels that he needs 4x4 or SUV at all, should watch this. Yes, do watch all parts.

Most people who think that they "need" a SUV or any other semi-offroader do NOT in fact need it. I guess the point of a SUV is to jack up the drivers ego and manhood or something. Just about every feature SUV's offer can be offered by other, more practical cars.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

when it comes to reliability, Toyota > Honda.

and, Honda really has no trucks. i guess you could call the ridgeline a truck for girls

22. nikopolidis macrumors regular

I've become Honda fan 1 year ago after I bought Honda Civic VII 2004 year of issue. Marvelous car, excellent reliable brand! :cool:
    Pilot looks pretty good but I'm not an off-road fan. Agree that it looks a little bit nissan-ish.
    I'm waiting for European Accord and Civic Coupe. :)

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm from Canada, and have tried to explain the exact same thing. Americans always need an SUV in places where it snows. My parents can survive with a 1992 Volvo 940......rear wheel drive. My girlfriend can survive with a very old, very small Suzuki of some sort (and there are some smaaaaaall Japanese car models sold in Japan), with small tires. It did just fine recently in Nagano, near the mountains where the Winter Olympics took place, and blizzards, and mounds of snow.

People are pretty soft nowadays, so I guess it isn't right to expect anyone to have any sort of difficult while driving.

25. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

Reliability, resale value, onwer satisfaction all disagree with this.

Back on topic, I think the new Pilot looks great and I can't wait to see what the full production version looks like. We certainly won't be getting those headlamps or a grill like that, I expect the interior to be toned down a bit too before it makes it to production but the rest is certainly production ready! :)

I would buy this over a Highlander any day of the week!