2009 MacBook officially dead?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MaCamZa, Jan 8, 2011.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

:mad: a few days ago, my MacBook ran out of battery as usual; so I Plugged it into the mains and as soon as it turned back on, the fans went mad and everytime I inserted a disc; it coughed it back out. After about 5 secs of inserting the disc for the fifth time, MY MACBOOK SHUT DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY!

When I went to turn it on next; it showed no sign of life. No chime; nothing. However, after leaving it for around 10 hours unplugged, I could turn it on, yet the fans were STILL going mad and it said "No battery recognised".

I left the MacBook again for another 10 hours, yet this time, it was flawless for about 5 mins until I searched 'Facebook' on google and then it shut down again.

It's a 1 year old MacBook which had a 80% battery health last time I opened it using CoconutBattery.

From this day forward it hasn't turned on. Any ideas?

2. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Have you tried an smc / pram reset?
    Looks like something is overheating

3. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Seeing as I can't turn my MacBook on, how am I supposed to do it.

4. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

I am writing this post on my recently repaired mid 2009 macbook. I had the same issues as you are having and it was a logic board failure.

I sourced a replacement from ebay and did the repairs myself, much cheaper and only takes around 20 mins to do.

Sorry its not good news.

5. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

You could try an open the bottom plate and disconnect the battery and reconnect it

6. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Try turning your computer on while holding Command+Option+P+R, hold down until you hear the second startup chime. Even if your computer won't boot, you can still try it.