2009 Macbook Pro Owners - How Many Running Yosemite?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by A4orce84, Nov 23, 2014.

1. A4orce84, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

A4orce84 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

As the title states, I was curious how many 2009 Macbook Pro Owners out there are running the latest version of OSX 10.10 Yosemite?

I recently took the plunge and upgraded a few weeks ago, and I've been pleasantly surprised with performance and everything so far. I did swap in an SSD a year ago, so I'm sure that helps....but I'm amazed it's running fairly well on a near 7 year old laptop.

How's everyone else's experiences so far?

Thanks!

2. msh macrumors regular

I am running Yosemite on an early '08 MBP. Runs great. No WiFi or any other issues.

3. A4orce84 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

5. magicrevolver macrumors newbie

Me too, a Macbook Pro 2009 13"
    Installed 10.10.1 at the weekend and so far seems to be running really well. It seems a little zippier!

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Late-2008 MBP and that's with a standard platter drive. The only I have issue with is the UI gets laggy if I use the integrated GPU (which is almost always when I'm mobile and not near a outlet) but runs smooth if I use the discrete GPU.

7. colinwil macrumors regular

Runs great

No problems with it on my early 2009 MBP 17". I've upgraded to 960Gb SSD (Crucial) and maxed out the ram to 8Gb over the years.

I still have to remember to disable AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext every time there's an OS update - so that games (eg. WoW) don't suddenly start running slowly because of a bug in the throttling heuristic settings. I've been having to do that for years too. I reported it (again) in the Yosemite beta but I'm guessing they won't fix it now.

Apart from that it runs great :)