2009 MacRumors Summer (for Some) Challenges

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ziwi, May 8, 2009.

1. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Ok - had a few moments this morning to set some challenges up.

There is a 5k, 10k an individual distance and a team challenge as well - choose your beach mentality and pick a team to run for.

If you did not get an invitation - please IM me and I will, at some point. Invite you to them. They all run to what I believe to be 31-August-2009 (sometimes you may be a day off...;) )

Let's run and get some exercise in to look good and be healthy.:cool:

2. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

3. Fake Hipster macrumors member

I'd say the Foursome would be the challenge I would pick

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks for the invite... I still haven't gotten my Nike+ sensor replaced, but when I do, I will be interested in participating again... :)

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks again ziwi! we all need to start running more around here! ;)

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i haven't really been running in the last couple of weeks - been lifting weights and playing basketball lately (gym at work). and the hours i have with my new job give me almost no free time.

but i'm going to try to start back again. i have some goals for later this year, and i need to really get in shape for.

how's everybody else doing?

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am getting back into running

I am up to 1.5 miles which for me is a long, long way for my 200+ pound body

I just have trouble running in the 105+ heat index temps

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

good for you :)

yeah, the heat can get to you. just remember to bring some water with you.

on a side note, i did go running yesterday. felt pretty good. but when i tried to sync with nike+, i got an error. but i think they are redesigning the site though

9. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I ran in the Susan Komen 5k here in St. Louis just about 2 weeks ago. But it has been so chokingly hot outside that I unfortunately haven't been out since :(

I feel like such a slacker.

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i think it's about time to get out there for a run. i know it's hot, it's hot here. i went out for a run yesterday at around 95 degrees. but i managed. come on, you can do it.

i just need to get back on a real plan. i've been lifting weights mon, wed, and fri, and ran tue, thurs of this week. i need to be running more than that. there just isn't enough time in the day

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so how is everyone's training going? i am finally being more consistent with my running lately. hopefully my work schedule won't get in my way too much in the future.

also, is there any way to shuffle a playlist while using nike+? i made a good playlist, but i don't want to listen to it in order of artist. i want to shuffle it

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I moved to the Northeast and am running from completely flat ground TO Mountain roads that are steep and for the LOVE OF GOD it is hard to adapt

After a month, I am up to 2 miles in this ridiculously absurd up/down ground

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah that can be tough. but hills will definitely make you a stronger runner, if you continue to run up them. but you might want to find a track or something to run on every few days, to get a break from the hills.

so no one knows about playlist shuffling in nike+?