2009 MBP or Bust?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Jul 2, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

So with the news about the fallout between nVdia and Apple...I refuse to go back to an intel graphics anything...and i don't believe apple will go with ati/amd graphics solution anytime soon due to intel trying hard to regain what was lost with the nVdia deal.

So is it wise to hurry and snatch up a '09 MBP? The question being post 2009 what kind of support and firmware for our nVdia laptops will the consumers receive from nVdia/Apple?

For the consumers this is a pretty ****** scenario...if the most likely scenario occures with intel providing the graphics solution - it will be two steps back for us. It would be incredibly doubtful that a larrabee laptop solution will be provided in time (and no one even knows just exactly how capable it will be...despite some promising things on paper).

I for one love nvdia and the whole "scandal" earlier is quite unfortunate but, honestly I see it no different than when other manufacturing defects occur with any product. Most companies tend to minimalize the situation (I actually have one of the "defected" products...which still runs like a champ), however I do agree that nVdia should have been more humble throughout the process than arrogant.

I don't want to go back to intel graphic solutions...ugh!

2. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

actually, ATI has a seceret RS880 Radeon 4200M integrated series , beats the 9400m by 15% in a range of benchmarks.....

i cant wait to see them in the mac's

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

a rumor yes, but a rumor that has legs than stand well. dell is already dropping nvdia due to the same reasons.

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i doubt we will see ati if nvdia is dropped and more likely chance of the return of intel integrated graphics...