2009 MBP problem

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ghostlyorb, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I don't know if it's just me or not.

When I take my computer around the house, I take the power cord with me. Well when I plug in the magsafe power adaptor into my MBP, it will sorta wake up (even with the screen closed) and go to the sign in screen. I will enter my password then it will login as normal. But about 20 seconds later, it will go back to sleep, without any buttons being pressed or anything. The WIFI won't work for those 20 seconds either, so it's like it isn't awake or something? It's really annoying.

My friend who is a Computer Engineer with a masters (just saying he is smart), told me to download the combo update. I did that, and it didn't change anything. It's very annoying, because sometimes I need my computer right away for working at church, and having to wait an extra 30+ seconds to use my computer is no bueno.

Any ideas? I have the latest SL, 10.6.6 Please see below for my MBP specific details.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Check the settings you have for power management when you're on battery/adapter.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why? Why don't you use it on battery, instead of plugging it in?

4. ghostlyorb, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011

ghostlyorb thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

When I say I take it around the house... I mean I take it into other rooms to use it for several hours. The basement.... living room... office. I watch videos and do a lot of skyping. I don't see it worth to have to recharge all the time.

Oh okay, thanks. I'll take a look.