2009 MBP with Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blerns3, Oct 17, 2012.

1. blerns3 macrumors 6502

I have a 2009 13 inch Macbook Pro with Applecare that expires in December. The battery life is poor, it is getting quite slow, and there are lots of physical damages such as scratches and even one of the black "bumpers" on the bottom is missing. There is also an issue where I have to re-download flash player every other day or so in order for flash videos to work.

If I bring it into an Apple store, does my Applecare cover all of this? And since it's an older model, what's the chance they just give me a new one? Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare does not cover wear or damage or problems with 3rd party software. It also does not cover batteries, unless they are defective. There is very little to no chance they will address any of those issues under AppleCare, and virtually no chance they will replace your Mac.

3. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh...well that's disappointing. What does it cover then...?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. PDJ-SF macrumors newbie

Apple Care Fan

I have been very happy with Apple Care for my son's 2009 MBP. It is expensive but it has more than paid for itself. My son is hard on his machine. Apple was very good about repairing / replacing whatever was necessary to fix any problem impacting the operation of the machine --- and some things not impacting the operation including replacement of the little black feet on the bottom.