Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RebootD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
NW Indiana
I've read numerous reports about the sleep/waking problem but mine seems to be different. I even created a new main admin account to see if some of my preferences (I migrated my user accounts from an iMac over to the new MP) and still having the same issues.

If I let the system go to sleep it will on its own but when I wake it up the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. I even unplugged the mouse/keyboard and plugged them back in and still nothing. I have to hold the power button down to shutdown. Upon restarting everything is fine again.

Now if I put the system to sleep manually it will sleep and wake perfectly!! I know I can work around this by not letting it go to sleep on it's own but why would be wake from sleep one way but not the other?

Any help welcome.

PS. I have a OWC 1TB FW800 hooked up, Wacom tablet/pen, keyboard and that is it. I have the hard drives set to 'sleep', and only have istat menu bar running. I've tried it with that off and no programs running and still have the same results.

osin

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
New Jersey
There was a thread couple weeks ago where somebody posted saying that the Wacom tablet is the source of the problems with waking up the Macs...

Maybe try to have it disconnected for couple of days and see what happens...

RebootD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
NW Indiana
There was a thread couple weeks ago where somebody posted saying that the Wacom tablet is the source of the problems with waking up the Macs...

Maybe try to have it disconnected for couple of days and see what happens...

If you leave the pen/mouse on the tablet yes it will wake it up (I leave mine off). This wasn't an issue on my last mac but now it is which I find strange. ( I was running 10.5.6 when I sold it)

I've tried with istat menu's uninstalled, wacom unplugged etc but I still run into the freezing if it sleeps by itself. Very strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.