2009 Unibody Poly Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by briansolomon, Oct 8, 2010.

1. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Just got a 2009 Unibody Macbook for $599 + tax on very quick special at Cowboom (others are going on)

Is this a good model? Should I keep it or sell it for profit on Craigslist? I can sell my 2008 one for about what I paid for this and have a new computer. Or I can get a TV for the bedroom- what do you guys think?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That model is 759$ in refurb store so I doubt you could sell it for a big profit. Do you need a new computer? Or TV? Only you can answer to those questions

3. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Keep it it's a great machine,i have it and it doesn't have any problems. :)

4. briansolomon thread starter macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Well said, hellhammer. I didn't know if this model had any known issues that would make me not want to hold onto it. I've been so happy with my Early 2008 Macbook I haven't even thought once about upgrading it yet.

5. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

There's no problems with this model at all,I love mine, I would keep it over your 08,for one thing,the processor in this one is better than your 08 if you compare FSB and cache. unless you got one of the 2.4's...

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

My sister has the same MacBook that you just bought and it has been flawless. The new one has warranty while the old one does not, that's one thing to consider ;)

7. briansolomon thread starter macrumors 6502

briansolomon

I've got the 2.4/2 GB/160 GB HD so it's not a huge improvement. Other than the LED upgrade and case redesign there isn't much else worth keeping it for- firewire really isn't an issue. My current one has been rock solid for two years. Who knows what kind of problems might crop up with this new one seeing as it was returned to BB. Going to see what kind of shape it's in when I get it and go from there! Shortly after they had the current gen for 659 but I wasn't able to get it in time.

Warranty is 30 day return. I'd imagine there is still some AppleCare left from the original sale. I bought an open box hi-fi and still had 8 months of AppleCare on it. This is my first Cowboom experience. Hope its a good one.

8. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

i bought a mid 2010 unibody white macbook on craigslist for 600 :) (three weeks old, guy was desperate for cash)

9. briansolomon thread starter macrumors 6502

briansolomon

10. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Well it's up to you then, buy just so you kow the new unibody doesn't crack like the old ones, it's a much softer plastic,which means it scratches really bad but you get used to it.