Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benson197

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
MN
Hey. I recently got a 2010 11" Air, the base model with 2 GB of ram, and the 64 GB drive. If anyone else has this model, how does Lion run? I haven't upgraded yet, but I want to. Especially with Mountain Lion coming. I suppose the endgame here is that I'll probably update, but thought I'd ask for some opinions first. Thanks!

TurretOperetta

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
Hey. I recently got a 2010 11" Air, the base model with 2 GB of ram, and the 64 GB drive. If anyone else has this model, how does Lion run? I haven't upgraded yet, but I want to. Especially with Mountain Lion coming. I suppose the endgame here is that I'll probably update, but thought I'd ask for some opinions first. Thanks!

I also have a 2010 11" with the same specs are yours and I'm running 10.7.4. Theres no problems at all. Runs very smoothly. Worth upgrading. I especially love the gestures that Lion has. It makes doing stuff much easier.

benson197

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
MN
I also have a 2010 11" with the same specs are yours and I'm running 10.7.4. Theres no problems at all. Runs very smoothly. Worth upgrading. I especially love the gestures that Lion has. It makes doing stuff much easier.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the reply.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Also no problems here, although I use it purely as a portable (light work, a bit of Xcoding). Of course there's limits to what you can do with 2GB but the same goes for the current base model. The 1.4 GHz runs nice and cool.

The full screen is handy too, on the 11" the screen is so tiny that it really helps. So I can recommend Lion too.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
I have this same config as well, it's my only computer, and I use it primarily for software dev (Ruby on Rails work).

I first purchased this computer as an exercise in minimalism - came from a 2k8 MBP w/ 4 gigs ram. For the most part hasn't let me down, the exceptions doing some .NET dev in a Fusion Windows 7 VM which was a bit of a chore both speed and RAM constricted. Trying Eclipse dev was a bit slow as well, it's quite memory intensive. I wouldn't recommend it for large scale photo editing/encoding or the like, but for most people's use cases it's probably alright.

I will be upgrading to an Ivy Bridge 11" w/ 4 gigs when it's available. My biggest gripe might be battery life, I'm hoping they can squeeze out an extra 20% or so, or at least have it perform better under load.

Last edited:

benson197

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
MN
Thanks for the additional replies. From what I've read, the C2D does run cooler than the i5. And the full screen feature is one of the big reasons I am going to update. And because Mountain Lion is going to add a bunch of other features that look nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.