2010 13"MBP not recognising DVDs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lobeyonekenobi, Sep 23, 2012.

1. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with my MBP as in since I have upgraded to 10.8 it will not recognise my DVD collection, it keeps saying this disc is not supported on this computer :mad::mad:. I've now updated to 10.8.2, each time hoping the update will fix the problem to no avail.

It's really annoying, it works just fine on my iMac which is still running 10.7.4 and haven't upgraded it for that reason as I don't want it to happen on that too.

Anyone have any suggestions, as I've tried an SMC reset and nothing???????

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Does the optical drive read ANY DVDs? It is possible that the drive failed.

3. lobeyonekenobi thread starter macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

I have transferred some of my CD's(What are they????) into my iTunes library just fine so I know the drive works fine, it has only started happening since the Mountain Lion update.

I had some problems connecting my S2 also but seem to have that problem licked (touch wood!!!!).

Any other theories??????

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

But do you have any DVDs to test it with? The original restore discs that came with your computer, for example.

What is on the DVDs? Is it possible that it is just a file type that ML just doesn't recognize without some sort of plug in?

5. lobeyonekenobi thread starter macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

I have the original SL discs that came with it, I could give them a try I suppose, and the discs I've tried are original movie discs, which worked before ML, and I need to fix this as my daughter is giving me earache as everytime she wants to watch a movie it won't load;);)