2010 13" MBP RAM issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by King Flamez1, Jan 24, 2013.

1. King Flamez1 macrumors regular

King Flamez1

For the past few weeks, I've been noticing that my MBP has been acting weird, with my RAM running out in about like an hour to three hours with minimal applications open, and what seems to be a completely different problem is that it becomes unresponsive half the time I've tried putting it to sleep. i.e. It doesn't start back up.

Any Ideas? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

You know what i have had this issue before, i turned my mac on and had it running all day. Hadn't open a damn thing and the ram was saying i had the bare minimum available

Maybes its running a lot of physical memory and needs a reboot if its been on for a long time.

Im not sure on that area but that worked for me

2008 Unibody

----------

Sorry i missed the bit of the post at the end

That does indeed sound unusual

What i would do is try getting inside and taking the ram out the slots, then carefully putting them back in, maybe in a different order

That also worked for me and has never done it since

If that doesn't work, it may be dodgy and need replacing....or maybe more ram!

3. King Flamez1 thread starter macrumors regular

King Flamez1

yeah, i'm thinking i might buy some RAM after my exams are over. I'll probably reformat my hard drive in a couple days to try and fix that other problem too, just learned that my model can apparently handle 16 gigs :D

4. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Sounds good, 16 gigs will rock it!

5. King Flamez1 thread starter macrumors regular

King Flamez1

Can't believe I missed this, but it turns out that one of my RAM modules died lol i noticed this when I saw that i was only running my computer with 1.75gigs of RAM.