2010 13" mbp - squeaky keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snailmale, Jun 27, 2010.

1. snailmale macrumors newbie

hello,
    I've just made the transition over to macs about a week ago, and I'm pretty pleased with how things are going so far. Certainly not completely smooth, but pretty nice in general. However, I've just realised that my keyboard is squeaky, especially the spacebar. A quick search online suggests this was a problem with earlier editions, but I haven't seen anything on the 2010 one. It's not particularly loud, in fact often hidden by the sound of hitting the key itself, but definitely reproducible and certainly there.

Do any of you guys happen to have the same problem? And is it a matter to live with, or should I be heading to my Apple Resellers to make a complaint (theres no official Apple stores where I live, and I purchased mine online)

On a separate note is iPhoto's Facebook uploader buggy? Because mine seems to seize up while uploading and only repeated opening and closing and force closing seems to get things to upload completely. Again, I saw reports of this online but not recent ones.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

2. TZRaceR6 Guest

TZRaceR6

I have the 2010 MBP 13" and no issue with the keyboard. Certainly doesn't squeak and is actually pretty quiet overall. If you don't have an apple store nearby, it may just be one of those things you have to live with. Someone else may have more info for you.
    Possibly take the top of the Mac off and check the keyboard yourself? I little tiny squirt of oil on the offending keys?

Don't use iPhoto for facebook so can't give any advise there.