2010 15" i5 MBP wifi connection keeps hanging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apple.pseudofan, Apr 25, 2010.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

I searched MRoogle and couldn't find a similar issue.
    My connection speed and signal are great on my base 15" MBP, but as I navigate to different pages, I keep getting the 'loading and spinning disc' dialogue in the address bar in Safari. I don't have any issues with my wired connection on my iMac. I have a ~3.5 year old Netgear G router with MIMO and it has always been fine. I have to click the X and then the reload arrow in order for the pages to load on almost every other page I go to. Then the page loads almost instantaneously. Is there something in the network settings that could be causing this? I really don't want to take it to the nearest apple store @ 2 hrs away and I'm not ready to buy another router to 'try' it out and see if that fixes the issue. Any suggestions?

2. California Crow macrumors newbie

It's not your exact issue, but I've been experiencing something with my new MBP 17" that sounds similar. As I get this new machine set up, I've been (re)downloading a couple of hundred audiobook files, averaging around 70MB each. As a rough guess, I'd say that at least one out of 10 download attempts simply freeze part way through. If I stop and immediately restart the download, everything finishes up just fine.

Today, I needed to download a couple of very large software packages... over 2GB each, Both downloads froze part way through just like the audiobooks, but were fine after doing the stop/restart thing.

I've not noticed a problem in light web browsing... yet.

3. apple.pseudofan thread starter macrumors regular

4. apple.pseudofan thread starter macrumors regular

OK, to clarify, this issue has gone away, leading me to believe it was my ISP's cable modem causing the issue.
    1. Webpages no longer hesitate to load
    2. I can cleanly screen share with my iMac
    3. I can Skype with no delay or skipping on video or audio
    4. file transfers run consistently without delay

Have no fear, those of you who read about my issue and had hesitations on purchasing a new MBP.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Who's your ISP?