2010 15" i7 MBP too hot?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ekk20, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ekk20 macrumors member

Hi guys, I've researched on this forum and I've noticed that most of your MBP's run quite cool.

As for my MBP, it goes up to 75c when playing youtube videos, with ONLY CHROME on. Could this be due to my High-Resolution display?

I've also noticed that the CPU chip or motherboard makes a weird funny sounds when temperature is past 55c, it sounds almost like a squeal,is this normal?

Maybe I should get my MBP checked out.. It's been bothering the hell out of me.

Thanks MR!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

75c is pretty normal because Youtube is Flash based and Flash is CPU intensive. The fans usually kick in when temps rise so maybe that's the noise?

3. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Use SMCfancontrol to keep the temps down. HTML5 helped keep the temps down when I started using it last night as well.

4. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

Youtube is using HTML5 now from what I know. Either way, it´s normal. See if you get that temperature while browsing sites or word processing. If you do, then there might be something wrong.

5. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

By default, Youtube still uses flash. You can go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 to join the html5 beta.