2010 17" MBP Stylish BackPack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ksb-online, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ksb-online macrumors regular

Hi,

Not bought my MBP just yet (waiting for credit card) but Im looking at a backpack to protect it.

I need space for the essentials for the laptop (charger, mouse , ... ) and also room for at least a big water bottle (1.5 litres) and a lunch box as I like to take food to work and be very hydrated during the day :p .

Does any one know of a back pack that could meet my demands?

I want something with plenty of padding, looking to also consider actually getting a light weight cover for the laptop to protect it from scratches too..

2. Ksb-online thread starter macrumors regular

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

4. Ksb-online thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers for the link,

I think this one is prob the best one for me - http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...7&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTcxNjEzNzk&s=topRated

But I only created this thread so I could get 1st hand feedback from actual users and not just reviewers on the sites, this community is pretty good and always has excellent advice

5. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I use an OGIO bag for my 15" MBP and it's pretty stylish, imo. There are some more on there site. This is the one I use now.
    http://www.ogio.com/product/view/306/Santo

I had problems with the zipper on my original but they replaced them no problem. The Epic in black was my original and I loved it until the zipper broke on two different bags. They replaced it with the Santo and it's been pretty good.
    http://www.ogio.com/product/view/1/Epic

ps it looks like the zippers are different from my original Epic so, that may not be a problem anymore.

6. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Hey mate,
    check out the link in my signature :) Maybe it will help you.
    I am talking about the Incase Nylon Backpack. It fits every macbook, with the best protection for it.
    It has LOTS of padding! Two huge pads on the back panel with breathable mesh and pads on the shoulder straps of the same material. The backpack is very light and I think it will meet your space requirements :D

7. Ksb-online thread starter macrumors regular

Will this bag fit a large bottle of water and also a lunch box?? it doesn't look that big...

8. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

use a foam-padded briefcase. preferably silver on the outside.

9. Ksb-online thread starter macrumors regular

Thnks for the input but I'm looking for a backpack..not a mb.case kinda guy...

10. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I use a slipcase and then choose a backpack that is suitable. That way it looks less of a target for thieves than one that is branded with a case logo.

11. Ksb-online thread starter macrumors regular

what slip case do you use? I want something that will protect my laptop from any accidental water spillage in my bag and also decent protect if it gets dropped, I heard that most sleeves fail to protect the corners of the laptops sufficiently.

12. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

lol i am a name brand guy so i would buy myself the Hurley backpack they have on the apple site i LOVE it =D and its designed for a laptop double win.