Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zak.V

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Just got my new 2.8 with 5870. From the start it gave me some trouble getting it to turn on. I kept trying different plugs and such throughout the house and randomly I got it on. It was working good but I noticed that waking it from sleep the machine will click and the sleep light goes out and a red led behind the grill comes on briefly. I try pushing the power button to hear another click and the red led flashes. These problems seem intermittent and sometimes it will sleep fine. Im using 2 acer monitors connected via 2 vga-mini display adaptors.

So now im trying to get it to power up. Ive read about resetting the pmu, is that applicable to my machine and if so where is the button?

thanks

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
I'm with Actionable Mango - get it checked out by Apple since it's still covered by warranty.

Zak.V

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I had "put hard disks to sleep when possible" on, I took it off and my problems seem to be gone...

Ill take it in next month if I keep getting problems. I cant afford the down time with exams and such.

Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.