2010 27" apple cinema display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yukyuklee, Sep 22, 2014.

1. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

Found one on craigslist and talked him down to $500 should I buy it to connect to my 11" mba 2013? Or should I wait to find a used TB version?

2. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

$500 is a good deal if its in good condition. the quality is not as good as other panels offered from asus and dell but not that much far behind. the apple docking conviences it offers makes it well worth more tho

3. AlessandroSarto macrumors newbie

just be aware: thunderbolt cinema display just broke.
    The old ones can work for 10 minutes and they turn off!

Check before buying on apple support community!

If you want this is the letter I wrote to Tim Cook after my display just stopped working.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1788255

4. warnergt macrumors member

I bought a new 2560x1440 27" display for $399 and love it.
    I got an HP ZR2740w.
    It's not Apple and it doesn't have an iSight camera but the quality is there and the price blows away Apple.
    They don't make this model anymore but I suspect you should be able to match the price and features on other monitors.

5. yukyuklee thread starter macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

Yeah I agree but I will lose my TB port if I go this route.

Yeah I just read it... now I am second guessing no point in paying that price to to fix your unit. Its about the same price for a brand new one!

I was also thinking the same I just don't know why maybe its just the damn logo that makes everything look sleek. :rolleyes:

6. yukyuklee thread starter macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

I am an idiot!

So I found a better deal for $80 more for a TB display until I got home...
    When I came back holding the display I was trying to block my dogs from trying to run out the door and man oh man....

[​IMG]

I scraped the glass against my granite counter top.... Now I had to spend an extra $100 for a replacement glass for my display man this sucks!
    [​IMG]

7. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

$100 dollar sound too expensive for me to fix that. If I were you, I may put some decoration at there to hide it.

Of course, it assume that this won't affect the monitor's normal function.

8. yukyuklee thread starter macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

no it doesn't and I am glad that I didn't scratch the aluminum at least it was the glass but now everytime I look at the monitor my eyes goes to that spot. eBay is selling cracked or chipped glass for like $60-80 so I can try to get some money back we will see.