2010 27" iMac CD rom not functioning correctly?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Imola Ghost, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I don't burn/rip that many CD's so I'm not sure how long I've had this problem. I was going to begin encoding all of my cd's to Apple Lossless and right now I've got a cd in the computer but it's not showing up in iTunes or Max.

I noticed I had a problem last week when I went to burn a cd for a friend and when he went to play it there was nothing on the cd but it showed it was an audio cd but with no files on the disc.

I've seen some error messages show up saying something like the cd rom my have been disconnected or something like that but I can get that retrieve or get it to show it again.

So as of right now I can do anything with my cd rom drive, it's like it doesn't exist on my computer.

Does anyone else have this problem or what steps do I need to do to try and remedy it?

Oh, and right now there is a cd in there that won't eject and I don't know how to get it out. Overall I don't think my iMac is running right. I've got all of the latest updates and I'm running Lion upgraded when it came out recently.

Are there some things that I can do to see if something fixes it?

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Here's a possible solution

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

As soon as my wife is done writing a paper I'll give it a try and report back.

4. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh ok, that is for removing the cd. I got the cd out but it still doesn't want to rip or encode. I've re-installed Max but that didn't work.

iTunes also doesn't work correctly when encoding. It will start encoding but get into a few songs and says

Error occurred while converting the file "Sample Song". The required disk cannot be found.