2010 ( 4th generation iPhone ) already seen / predicted by Gizmodo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gershon, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Gershon macrumors member

Gershon

http://gizmodo.com/5293388/iphone-3gs-review

In their iPhone 3GS review, Gizmodo says that " the iPhone 3GS is definitely a better phone, but AT&T's plan of making early adopters wait another six months from now until they can get the standard $199/$299 price is frustrating, since we'll already be halfway into the iPhone 3GS lifecycle. And by then, it'll be worth waiting until June 2010 for a true revolutionary jump in iPhone design, instead of just an evolutionary improvement on the 3G. "

Any clues? :D

2. Narzist macrumors member

You don't have to be Mr. Superbrain to predict a new design of the next iPhone.
    Mr. Obvious is knocking the door. :eek:

The only question is, if the design of the new iPhone will really be revolutionary, which i highly doubt.

3. JohnFa macrumors regular

You're missinterpreting it. They're simply saying that because a new iPhone has come out every year, there's one bound to come out next year too and that it most likely would be a bigger upgrade than the 3GS was.

4. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

That was a really in-depth review. Thanks for the heads up. :)

When the 2010 iPhone comes up, I'll get it and just use my current 3GS as an iPod Touch. It's all good.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, and I would add that it is just pure speculation at this point by Gizmodo.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So let me get this straight...Apple has release a phone each year for the past three years, and someone has predicted there will be a new phone next year.

The Mighty Creskin would be really proud of this.

On a serious note, I hope Apple doesn't redesign the case.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Wow! Really?! We needed to be told a new iPhone would come out next year. :confused:

The title of this thread is really misleading.

8. matttye macrumors 601

Apple have filed quite a few interesting patents..

* When the phone is in motion items on the display increase in size so they're easier to hit for eg. if you're running.
    * Simply touch the screen and the phone reads your fingerprint to unlock.
    * Front facing video camera.

..and I expect it'll be 2010 or 2011 when we start seeing phones with 4G support, even if the networks aren't quite ready by then.