2010 iMac Display Profile

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MonkeySee...., Apr 29, 2014.

1. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I just realised recently that you can change the profile of the iMac display.

I print a lot of photos at home and was wondering what the best default profile is?

What should I set my iMac and Printer at?

I'm not really interested in calibrating the monitor manually and from time to time I get pictures printed online from Photobox etc.

I read that most company like this use sRGB?

Any assistance would be ace!

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

You say your not interested in calibration, but just selecting SRGB isn't going to help when using an external printer.
    Buy or borrow a calibration tool, create an ICC profile and away you go.
    It's really not that hard or expensive and will help you know your prints won't come back dark and saturated. It could actually save you money, depending on how much you print.

3. MonkeySee.... thread starter macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Thats good adivce. cheers.

Would I need to change the profile when getting images printed from an external source, say , photobox?

----------

Are there any reasonably priced tools on the Mac AppStore?:eek:

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The problem is.....who is calibrating the monitors used by the image authors on websites?

Calibrating your monitor means you can accurately display what you create or what others give you. But it will not fix images where the author was way off on their colors.