2010 iMac dual core 1TB HD, 12GB RAM

Discussion in 'iMac' started by HartBreaker, Mar 17, 2016.

1. HartBreaker macrumors newbie

HartBreaker

Hi all, first post.

I recently got a stellar deal on a 2010 iMac in practically new condition. I was orginially opting for an i5 but I couldnt pass this up. Anyway, speed is great I used PhotoShop, LogicPro, etc no problem. However the one thing I've noticed is my video playback being very slow to buffer. I don't seem to have WiFi issues with an of my other deviced, so any hints on to how I can speed this up?

2. varian55zx macrumors 6502a

varian55zx

Are you trying to say Core 2 Duo?

Congrats on your new machine. It's always great to be happy with a purchase.

If streaming videos is something that is slow, I wouldn't really know what would be causing that. Video streaming is usually a pretty basic function.

3. r6mile macrumors 6502

I think he means the 2010 iMac i3 3.06, which is dual core. It's the same machine I have, and it's great! I don't know what could be causing the slowdown in streaming, nothing to do with the age of the machine because mine works fine - have you tried using another browser to see if that's the issue?

P.S: Not that this should that relevant to streaming, but do you have an HDD or an SSD in your machine? If it's an HDD then I thoroughly recommend upgrading it to an SSD - it made a world of difference in performance in mine.