2010 iMac screen tearing while zooming. Please help!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iCaleb, Apr 16, 2012.

1. iCaleb, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

iCaleb macrumors 6502

While holding down control and using the scroll ball to zoom in and out I've noticed that I get screen tearing.

I noticed this issue a few months ago so today I did a clean install and the problem still persists.

My mothers 2009 iMac doesn't have screen tearing issues.

Is there a solution for me? Can I download a special update to fix this through ATI or an Apple optional update?

Here are the specs of my iMac.

[​IMG]

Here is a video of the tearing that I filmed with my 4s skip ahead to the 37 second mark to see the tearing in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtiAS_RpeI&feature=youtu.be

2. iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

To me it seems as if your video card is threatening to give up the ghost. At least from my experiences in the past any time you get bizarre graphics effects this in my past experience, was a warning of imminent vid card death.

I am finally starting to get some anomalies with my vid card on my 2008 iMac, I am just hoping she can hold out until the MBP 17" refresh comes out so I have an alternate machine to game on while this baby is getting repaired (if it comes to that).

4. iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

I just ran an extended Apple hardware test.

It said no trouble found.

Any other tests I could do to pinpoint whats causing the tearing?

I'm getting paranoid. :(

5. iCaleb, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

6. iCaleb thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish someone that had an identical iMac setup as mine could see if there's had tearing also.

Since the apple hardware test came out fine I'm starting to believe that apple just needs to release a software update for the 5750 GC.