2010 Keynote Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uneek1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

damn, wish they put it up an hour ago.. sleep time.

2. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I love living on the west coast, all the folks on the east coast miss the goodness of the late night interwebz.

Popcorn time... :)

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

4. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

pshhhhh.
    jealous! enjoy!
    i'll be up at 9am to watch it

5. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Whats the link to download it in HD? (Not the reference link) I want to watch it on my TiVo.

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

7. uneek1 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't seem to be an HD version yet.

Nope, looks like they took out the Verizon comment.

8. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Well does anyone have a link to any downloadable version so I can transfer it to my TiVo?

9. uneek1 thread starter macrumors regular

10. uneek1 thread starter macrumors regular

As I am watching this I have noticed something.

Steve Jobs is saying that the first iPhone reinvented the way we think about mobile phones.
    His first statement was that carriers controlled what went on phones. But Apple controls what goes on their phones. Isn't this contradictory to what he said?

11. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

12. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Nah, I just plugged my TV into my laptop cause I was too impatient. If you alt click on that link (Or right click save file) the file should be a full movie file rather than a 500KB reference file which is just a link to a stream.) I remember reading somewhere that the reference files were just XML files liking to the actual file but I don't have a proper XML editor to extract that link, and I could just be wrong anyway. Its OK though there will be a downloadable version tomorrow in Apple's Keynote Podcast.

Though (As I was typing this) Just ran into a problem with the stream, it ended at 1 hour in (I started watching it at the announcement of the iPhone 4 and it stopped during the showing of the results from making a movie in iMovie on the iPhone). Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Never mind just reloaded it its streaming past 1 hour now.

13. Resist macrumors 68030

14. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Apple isn't the carrier. He is/was talking about how some carriers (Verizon comes to mind) puts their proprietary software and themes on top of every phone in their lineup. That's why up until recently, like before the Droid was released, Verizon didn't have really any decent smart phones, since they all had Verizon's UI layer on top of everything.

15. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Unedited too. Great to see they don't take themselves too seriously, it was quite funny to see Stevie jokingly but assertively telling everyone to turn off their wi-fi device. He probably runs his company the same way he dealt with the wi-fi situation.

They also know how to make you want something. Before the iPad announcement, I told myself I'd wait. I got one on launch day. I was pretty happy with my 3GS, told myself I'd wait a few months before upgrading to whatever the new iPhone will be. I will not be doing that now :D

16. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

So, when Steve is talking about the Retina display and comparing images to the standard display, they look exactly the same. And I mean exactly.

I'm sure it's just a function of the low-quality Quicktime stream, but I was really looking forward to seeing the comparison:(

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure they edited out the "Try Verizon!" comment - what a shame.

17. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Try again and turn off anything on your network using bandwidth, I think its analyzing the available bandwidth and adjusting itself accordingly.

18. Shorties macrumors 6502a

An HD stream will be out eventually, and a non streamed SD version will be on apple's keynote podcast sometime tomorrow (Or I guess today now).

19. anthdci macrumors 6502

hopefully it will be available through itunes soon, i want to watch it on my way home from work.

20. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

just finished it, now its bed time :p

made me want the new phone more...

21. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

You get your iPhone 4 3 hours before me!!!! So sush