Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pezerinno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Hi,

I have to go to hospital later this week for chemotherapy and was wondering how many hours I can expect to run 720p video full screen for on a single charge? This is on a 13" 2010 macbook pro.

Many thanks :)

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
If you're watching DVD's or downloaded video, realistically you should expect a good 4 1/2 - 5 hours

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
...how many hours I can expect to run 720p video full screen for on a single charge? This is on a 13" 2010 macbook pro.
According to apple, 10 hours.
That's not true. Apple doesn't claim 10 hours for watching video:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/features.html
The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processor document with display brightness set to the middle setting.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

mbmobile

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2010
Italy
If you're watching DVD's or downloaded video, realistically you should expect a good 4 1/2 - 5 hours

I can confirm this estimation. Just turn off anything you'll not need, like keyboard backlight, bluetooth, wifi, put screen backlight to a reasonable value and you can get around 5 hours.

Tested playing MKVs using VLC.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Pezerinno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
I can confirm this estimation. Just turn off anything you'll not need, like keyboard backlight, bluetooth, wifi, put screen backlight to a reasonable value and you can get around 5 hours.

Tested playing MKVs using VLC.

Good luck.

Just what I wanted to know as that is what I'll be using.

Thanks everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.