2010 MacBook Pro charger exploded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimbojones85071, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jimbojones85071 macrumors newbie

I purchased the 2010 15 inch pro from the apple store last August so the laptop still has AppleCare. While I was sleeping the charger essentially exploded and burned my leg. Fortunately the burn isn't that severe. The charger is done, my battery seems to have dropped from 95 percent health to 70 percent and routinely shows the service battery warning and my intel ssd. I have a call scheduled with AppleCare tomorrow and was looking for some advice on what I should be expecting. I assume the only thing they might replace is the charger.

Attached Files:

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yeah they'll probably replace the MagSafe, or at least the brick to computer part. Is it a t-shaped MagSafe or an L-shaped MagSafe? There was a recall in the t-shaped ones. I just had mine replaced that was shorting out.

As for the burns, I'm not sure. Good luck!

3. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

wow really? something exploded? they should owe you a mac pro! (not macBOOK pro) :p:p

4. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Wow, never seen anything come apart on that end, it's normally on the MagSafe part.

Let us know how it turns out. You may be able to get your battery replaced since I'm sure they should last longer than that. I've been getting the Service Battery warning on my MBP and AC told me to take it to a store and they'll probably replace it.