2010 Macbook Pro + Final Sale + Gift Receipt

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DRGN89, Feb 27, 2011.

1. DRGN89 macrumors member

I'm going to buy a 2010 13" Macbook Pro + Apple Care which was bought on Feb 25, 2011. It comes with a gift receipt for Apple, but the problem is when I called the person he said that the Macbook Pro was bought and was final sale. Would I be able to buy the Macbook from him and bring it in to exchange it or because it's finale sale I won't be able to do anything at all. The thing I don't understand is, why is there even a gift receipt if it's a final sale? The purpose of the gift receipt is for the gift receiver to be able to return or exchange the product.

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Go see someone in person at the Apple Store if possible or ask for a supervisor on the phone.

3. 87am macrumors regular

Pretty sure their policy on gift receipts is exchange only, no complete returns (ie for your money back). This "final sale" sounds wrong. But if it was bought at a discount your going to have to pay the difference.

4. MR1324 macrumors 6502

why would you buy a 2010 off someone just to return it to the store? it sounds like you are trying to abuse the system by purchasing the 2010 for a bit of a discount from the person and then trading in for a 2011 at the apple store since it is within the return/exchange period.

5. DRGN89 thread starter macrumors member

I have a feeling it was bought a discount since it was bought a day after the new Macbook Pro's were released. But I think if I buy his Macbook Pro + Apple Care, the cost the both will cover the cost a 2011 13" Macbook Pro without Apple Care. He's selling for $1300.

6. hawse771 macrumors member

Uhhhh...for $1300 you can just buy a brand new 13" MBP?!?!? Where I live it would be $1297.92 with Tax, and honestly it would be $100 cheaper because of Student discount. Why on earth would you buy his???