2010 MacBook Pro not responding

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vpoms, Apr 20, 2010.

1. vpoms macrumors member

Can some one help me, please? I have a one week old 2010 MacBook Pro 13” I put in DVD into the slot and it didn’t play. I tried ejecting it by pushing eject button without any result. I closed the lid and put it to sleep, when I opened the lid the eject button didn't respond either. I tried restarting it and on restart I got blue screen and rotating ball. I closed the lid again and plugged it in now it is not responding at all even when I push power on button. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I think you should take it in to your nearest Apple Store or certified repair shop. There's no excuse for having this sort of problem in your first week of ownership.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Restart your Mac and hold the trackpad button pressed, it should eject the disc.
    Assuming you get the grey screen and boot sound, your hardware should be fine.

Then try booting in safe mode, hold the shift key when restarting.

If that fails, then you need to boot in single user mode.
    restart holding down command and S keys, do this and you will see what is going on during the boot process.
    This will put your mac in CLI, do that only if you are familiar with UNIX commands.

Another alternative is to boot your MBP in target disk mode, and connecting your mac to other mac with a firewire cable.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If you were able to get the DVD out the mac, then you can boot with the apple disc your mac had, do this by holding down the c key, and having you apple disc inside the optical drive. then use disk utility to check.

5. vpoms thread starter macrumors member

Thank you everybody for your help. I just got of the phone with Apple support. First, he had me push and hold Shift, option, command and Power on Button and that re-set something. Then, he had me push eject and track pad button and push power on button again. That re-started the computer and ejected the disk. I think it was something on the disk that caused the problem.

I am very impressed with Apple support. This is my first Mac and I spend less than five minutes on the phone total time waiting and resolving the problem. I am small business owner and we use Dell Server and 12 Dell workstations. I use software made by Kodak to run my office. I got a new HP Printer two month ago and it took two weeks and multiple phone calls to Dell and Kodak to get it to work on our Network. Bravo Apple.