2010 MacBook Pro... problems when booting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by l0gikb0mb, Apr 6, 2012.

1. l0gikb0mb, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

l0gikb0mb macrumors regular

So I've had this MacBook since summer 2010, and it's been running great, except recently if I turn it off...

Nothing hardware wise seems wrong at all, I've kept it in great condition and barely even use it to be honest. This is the second time however, within 2 months, that I've turned it off (the only two times it's been turned off in the last 2 months), and it's had very odd problems. First boot attempt = spinning circle with apple logo, no progress. 2nd does the same except with huge fan noises. 3rd finally boots all normally, except it boots really slow and takes another 5 minutes for me to do anything with any sort of speed.

So what is it? I have to reinstall Lion? Kinda was hoping to get away from the mess that is Windows in the sense that I had to reformat every few months to get away from very slow performance in comparison to fresh OS.

Used disc cleanup or whatever few weeks back, 8GB ram, 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo model.

EDIT: Took about a minute to make a call on skype, so it's not fixed after all even way after boot.

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

try repairing permissions in disk utility and see if that helps at all