2010 Macbook Pro Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hexley, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hexley macrumors 6502a

I broke the keyboard of my 30 month old MBPro. The bill amounts to $400.

If you were in my place would you have it repaired or not repair it and just plugin a keyboard/mouse whether it be Bluetooth or USB.

Wish the 2013 notebooks would be out in 6 months or less.

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Get a replacement Apple Part number off iFixit.com, then search eBay for one. It'll be a lot cheaper than that $400 you were quoted.

Follow the guides on iFixit.com to do the work yourself.

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Said above me but try iFixit. They have wide variety of parts for cheap prices.

But if you dont really take your Mac outside, I would just stick around with a external keyboard.

4. el-John-o macrumors 65816

I'm with the above. $400 smackers is a lot of money to repair a 2010 machine that is, with an external keyboard, perfectly capable.

Also, as the above said, get a keyboard from eBay and fix it yourself. Apple charges quite a bit for their out of warranty repairs. You can likely do it yourself no problem.

5. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

you can always order a part and have the work completed for significantly less at Apple authorized shops as well. they may even be able to order it for you.

just be careful what you ordered from third party sites, some components and parts arent always included.