2010 MBP 13 BootCamp/Vista Drivers - How to Fix them

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Wicked1, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok so my son loaded bootcamp partition with 32-Bit version of Vista, then loaded the Apple OS dvd to load the drivers. All the drivers loaded but for some reason the sound driver is not working even with the disk, so is there somewhere else I can get them, or is this a known issue.

2010 MBP 2.4 with 4GB and 320GB HDD, SL w bootcamp Vista 32 Bit Ultimate...

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

How do I run the Apple Software update on a machine that shows all the drivers working in Device Manager in Windows?

The Device driver is loaded and shows it is working, but does not allow sound thru?

4. SkaarjHunter macrumors newbie

Actually, the last couple versions of Bootcamp don't even support Windows Vista anymore. You'll most likely have to try to find older versions of Bootcamp in order for the sound drivers to work.

Also, if you can find some generic sigmatel audio drivers around, that may do the trick.

5. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

This is a 2010 MBP with the C2D 2.4 Chip, it supports Vista and XP fully, just that the driver that came with the OSX disc installs but does not enable the Sound, everything else is working well, however I may go back to XP only for the fact that it just a small windows partition for odds and ends, nothing major.