2010 MBP 13" running slow..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ohla313, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Hi I have a 2.66 13" MBP I bought in June 2010. My concern is that it is running a little slow and startup a bit laggy. One strange feature is that iTunes keeps asking to accept incoming connections, MacFuse is installed (I searched it but am :confused:), and hard drive space is disappearing randomly at times.

Does anyone know how I can speed up my MBP??

Thank you!

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

you can look at the processes to see what's bogging down your resources

you can use use a program like cleanmymac to see if that helps

you can strap it to a rocket ship

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How much free HDD storage capacity do you have left?
    MacFuse is part of the NTFS-3G package, to write to NTFS formatted volumes. A www search will yield some results.

Take a look at DiskInventory X, OmniDiskSweeper or GrandPerspective to see where your HDD space went to.

Have a look at Activity Monitor ( Applications / Utilities / ) and select All Processes and sort by CPU to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]

4. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I've got no clue what that might cause.

That might well be the systems swap files. During a week of work that can be up to several gigabytes of space. But don't worry, those files don't stay on the drive forever, a restart deletes them.

5. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

I have a 320 GB hard drive and currently use 200GB with 120 free..But what's strange is that I only used 120-140 and don't know what I did that got me that excess..and RAM is very low right now so probably gonna do a restart.

thanks!

6. racedude macrumors member

I'd run a hardware diagnostic if I were you if you're really having issues. My mom called me and said that her iMac was running extremely slow. After running Onyx and other tools with no improvement, I ran a hardware diagnostic. It turns out her harddrive is going bad, and so we have an apple on-site technician coming to replace it for her tomorrow. I honestly wouldn't of even thought the harddrive going bad would be the cause, but might as well run it just incase. (Boot off your Applications CD included with your mac to run it.)

7. rjt1000 macrumors newbie