2010 MBP 13" Screen Issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom8, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys

I have a 2010 MBP 13" and i'm having this strange issue with a small segment of my screen. It doesn't show up when i use the screen cap function, so i've had to use my iPhone to take a photos:

Just above the mouse on this photo
    http://i.imgur.com/h7bOR.jpg

Above the mouse on this photo
    http://i.imgur.com/KWGwj.jpg

And to the left of the mouse on this photo
    http://i.imgur.com/c3qz6.jpg

I got my MBP, new, from Amazon.co.uk in November 2010, so it's still within the 1 year warranty provided by Apple as standard. So do you think Apple will replace my machine if i take it into the store? I know they're unlikely to have any new models since the MBP has been refreshed since.

Any advice for a fix to the issue, or what to do with the store is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. mdnz macrumors regular

That's pretty severe. Go to an Apple Store to ask what they can do for you.

3. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your response, but i think you've mistaken my images. Now i look at them they weren't very clear, the large white line on the top half of the screen is sunlight, not the issue i was talking about. The issue i'm talking about is only slightly above the cursor. Would you still recommend taking it to the store?

Does anyone know what the procedure is when taking an Apple Product into the Store when it's been bought from a third party, in my case Amazon UK

Thanks

4. mdnz macrumors regular

If you have any screen issue you should go back to the Apple store.

5. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks. In the box, there is a paper booklet that says "Warranty" will that cover me, or is there some place i have to sign up?

I have my MBP covered on my home insurance, but i've never used Apple Warranty before, as this is the first time i've had a problem with an Apple product.

6. mdnz macrumors regular

7. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's great, thank you so much for your help.
    The only thing is, can you actually see the issue i'm talking about? It's hard to see unless you're actually looking at the screen, so i'm hoping that the apple store staff won't try to act as if it's not there because it's not glaringly obvious

Are they likely to offer me a refurbished machine, or offer to repair mine?

I dream they will over me a 2011 MBP, but i know that won't happen :p

8. mdnz macrumors regular

I have no idea, as I don't work at an Apple store. ;)

Best bet is to just walk in and hope for the best, it's all guess work from all of us here. And yeah it's pretty hard to see what you mean by just looking at the photos.

9. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a