2010 MBP 17" matt - may keyboard leave traces on screen surface when MBP's pressed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrcn, Jul 23, 2010.

1. mrcn macrumors newbie

Greetings from sunny Poland,

let me quickly introduce myself; I am a photographer, you can see some of my work here: http://innestudio.pl/en

I'm planning to buy a 17" matt MBP 2010. So far I've used a few laptops which I carry in a backpack (Lowepro Computekker Plus AW) together with cameras and lenses. Each one but the last one - Lenovo Thinkpad - had the same problem; beacause there is high pressure on the computer (glass weights over 12kgs), the keyboard keys left traces on he screen surface - not just dust - the plastic from keys was on the screen for good. The Lenovo is the firsts one not affected by that.

Can anyone who uses this MBP 17" matt 2010 (and treats it as bad as me) tell me how it looks in this case?

I'll appreciate any help!

Regards,
    Marcin ;)

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

There shouldn't be this problem. The rubber lining on the lid of the MBP is designed to separate the keyboard from the screen.

3. mrcn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I should've mentioned that anything added to separate keyboard and screen will be lost during first photoshoot. So I'd like to know how the computer behaves without it. :)

4. mrcn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

isn't there anyone using the computer in similar conditions?
    I'm going to order it tomorrow so please help me!

5. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

not the exact situation but might be helpful. I've got a 15" matte screen, 2008 model and have always kept the little sheet from Apple between the screen and keyboard when in my briefcase. I carry a lot of files, so plenty of pressure on the screen on occassion.

There is definitely scuffing on the screen. guessing that if the sheet wasn't in there, the keys would've left a mark (my dell and lenovo left key marks). At certain angles it's annoying, but overall not too bad considering how I treat it.

And thanks for the links to the pics. beautiful shots.

Mark