2010 MBP Graphics Mavericks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jrlcopy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

If this has been brought up then forgive, but I searched for a bit but not sure what this might be.

I upgraded to Mavericks tonight, and shortly after all drop shadows behind windows started to appear as these glitchy bad lines. (See Image)

They appear below the top menu bar, below windows.

Anyone else have this?

Attached Files:

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

what is that internet explorer icon you have on your safari?

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

[​IMG]

Open in IE for Parallels.

Back to the topic, does it do this when it is on the integrated card, dedicated card, or both? Easy way to test is to download gfxCardStatus, or uncheck Automatic graphics switching under Energy Saver in System Preferences. Hopefully it isn't a hardware issue, I just got a 2010 myself earlier this month.

You may also be able to boot from the original disks or a SL/Lion/MTLion disk/USB if you have one and see if it still does it there also. Or install an older OS on another partition to test with. If it's only mavericks, it may just be a glitch of some sort. My Dashboard background keeps going all black or white.

4. c1phr macrumors 6502

This happens to me in Dashboard on my integrated card. From what I've read, it just seems to be a driver issue, but you could take it to Apple and see what they say. Supposedly, a reboot helps temporarily, too.

5. Why?????? macrumors member

Happened to me on mine. Looks like there's some glitches that are causing this corruption. Hold on for 10.9.1, and hope that it fixes the issue.

6. nateo200, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Happens on my rMBP running Mountain Lion when the GPU(s) are being heavily utilized by something like FCP X, After Effects, etc.... I can post pictures but I think it might be something different but whatever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes me feel like I'm in the analog world again where you tug a composite cable wrong and the picture gets wonky or you have to put aluminum foil on the TV antenna's :O

7. Montymitch macrumors regular

Montymitch

I've had little artifacts show up in the dock when I'm taxing the CPU. Only a few times, and I haven't seen it lately. Must have fixed itself.:confused: