Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
Hi,

On my 15 inch 2010 MBP the Enter and Shift key on the right-hand side of the keyboard have stopped working.

Is there a way I can change them myself. I went into the Apple store and a NextByte store and both said it would be a week or more to replace the keyboard. That is too long to be without my laptop. Fair dinkum I paid 2K for this laptop and AppleCare, I want decent service.

Is there a better number than the number on the Apple Website for Customer Service.

Thanks for the help.

Aatos.1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Unfortunately this is one of those somewhat rare situations without a faster solution. Both AppleCare & the Stores are good, but they can only do so much.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
Unfortunately Aatos.1 is correct. Yeah, it's a bummer. I've had to wait almost two weeks I think for them to just tell me I had nothing wrong with my HDD. But on the other hand, I've also been saved hundreds of dollars because of Apple Care.

They may let you keep your computer and then they will call you when the part comes in so you can bring it in and they will replace it. (Just ask, they're pretty flexible generally.)

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
Thanks guys. Damit, I am at home now as Brisbane is flooded.I will try to get them to order the parts and then when the parts are in to take my laptop. Should I wipe my personal info off the HDD? I don't trust people with it? Will they need to turn the Computer no during the replacement?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.