2010 MBP LCD: Good or bad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nconnella, Apr 15, 2010.

1. nconnella macrumors regular

For those have received their 2010's and still have an '09 or '08, how do you feel the screen compares, brightness/contrast and color wise? I've read two complaints, one a 15" and one a 17" that they aren't as bright. I'm a little concerned because I think my '08 looks great and I'd hate to be getting a worse screen. Please post your thoughts everyone! (13",15" and 17" welcome)

2. Pax macrumors 6502a

+1. I'd like to hear this too, especially on 13"

3. WonkyPanda macrumors regular

WonkyPanda

AMAZING compared to my late 08 unibody macbook. I was unfortunate enough to get one of the early displays (model # eludes me) that had HORRIBLE vertical view angle. I know,vertical viewing angle is never that great but my specific model was just plain bad. So with all that being said, the new display (which has been used in the previous MBP gen) is leagues better. For reference, my new display model number is 9CA4 which has been used last gen. Comparing to my friends early 09 MBP 15", his seems SLIGHTLY brighter but his colors seem more washed out. Now, this is just a first glance and I could be batcrap crazy.