Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark28, Jul 21, 2011.
Should I upgrade or stick with Snow Leopard till 10.7.1 comes out?
Depends. It's probably the same as with buying a new MBP - if you need/want it now, go for it, if you can wait, then wait.
There're no compatibility problems if that's what you're worried about. I put Lion on my 2010 13" the day it came out and no problems at all, very nice and smooth.
I'd wait.... I mean, it's only 30 bucks and if you like the changes they made to L, then go for it. If you don't like the changes, keep SL. Personally I'm about to buy a new Mac and... well I wish I could still have SL on it. Hopefully there's one laying around that isn't upgraded
I have a 2010 MBP and upgrades to Lion yesterday. Had an issue with Lastpass but noting that I could not work through in short order. Overall, I think I like it.
I have a mid 2009 13" MBP, and installed it... At first it was slow, but then I noticed that it was using up a lot of my memory... I then upgraded my ram (from stock 2gb, to 8gb), and now, it is super fast! I love it.
I have a mid 2010 13" MBP which I installed Lion on. So far, I'm liking the upgrade. If you've read around on here and are interested, I'd say go for it
I installed Lion from scratch on my 2010 15" base MBP with high resolution display. It runs excellent and I see no need to revert back to Snow Leopard.
I can recommend Lion for the 2010 models.
2010 13" MBP with Vertex 2 SSD and 8GB RAM - Lion is running flawlessly.
same exact thing here. im on my 2010 15 inch and it runs amazing.
i will admit when i first booted it programs kind of took forever to load, but now it works really fast.
love lion. def. worth the upgrade.
10.7 on my 2010 13" and its great. I do have upgraded RAM though, not sure how much that would affect it.
When you first load it Spotlight will start indexing all your stuff so it will run REALLY slow for about an hour and then it will speed up tremendously.