Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ap105

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks. But is that the correct memory I should use? I'm sure it's easy to install I'm just not sure which one to buy.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I have ML installed. And some times I get the color wheel circle popping up quite frequently. I'm thinking it needs more memory. So I was wondering how do I know which one to buy? And does it void the Apple care I have if I open the case?

I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-1333m...M2A1333C9/dp/B002YUF8ZG/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_5

Mid 2010 MBP.
The colored pinwheel usually has to do with hard drive activity rather than RAM.

Are you actually running out of RAM? Your slowdowns could be due to something else entirely. I'd monitor your memory usage in Activity Monitor before plopping down some hard earned money on an upgrade you may not even need.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Go with crucial if you want, crucial website should tell you exact ram model you require, definitely go with 8gb ram total.
Also consider SSD hard drive, this hd upgrade will not harm your warranty, ram and hd upgrade is your birthright, Apple will not void it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.