2010 MBP recommend external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 49JC, Aug 6, 2012.

1. 49JC macrumors member

Im kind of in between decisions right now. Im wanting to upgrade to a new 2012 iMac but getting tired of waiting for Apple to decide when they'll release this. So ive been jumping back and forth with the decision to purchase an external 27" monitor for my 2010 mbp.

I wouldnt mind picking up a TB display now to future-proof but from what I understand you cant connect this to a 2010 mbp. So im kind of stuck with the ACD which is a great monitor and all but dont feel like paying the same price for one of these as the TB display.

Im figuring that buying an external for my machine will probably be the most cost effective route for me as I only use my mac for is photography, minor video, and surfing, etc. Nothing for work but a big hobby for myself. The imac is more of a huge want. Im not really mobile with my work so I figure a desktop would be more beneficial for me with an ipad as my mobile unit. So eventually this is the future route i will end up at.

So just to have my ducks lined im looking at external monitors to compare prices and I guess hold me over until the imacs arrive. Thoughts and recommendations?

2. Digidesign macrumors 6502

3. 49JC thread starter macrumors member

How is the anti-glare issue with these monitors. I hear the early models were horrible and the ones today are not so bad. Can anyone confirm this?

4. Thors.Hammer macrumors member

I have an early Dell U2711 and I love it. I am considering the new one that is coming out.

5. 49JC thread starter macrumors member

I just looked up the new model. Looks like it could be a bit cheaper than the current. Might have to wait and see what these are like. Thanks for the heads up.

6. omgitscro, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Take a look at some cheaper alternatives. The Catleaps in particular are held in high esteem on every forum topic I've seen them mentioned in.

Edit: If you're interested, search on eBay. Some vendors are going below $300.