Like so many, I'm ready to pounce on the 2010 MPs whenever they finally get here. And who knows exactly what choices we'll have regarding cores, GHz, etc. Obviously more of both is better, but my video production business needs to focus on bang for the buck. We'll need 2 new MPs, with a budget of about $3K to 3.5K each for the basic machine from Apple before adding 3rd-party RAM and storage. Could bump the budget up somewhat if a really good reason to do so. We spend most of our time in Final Cut Pro (about 80 percent) with the other 20 percent in After Effects, Motion and PhotoShop. We currently run bigger Compressor jobs overnight. Our current dual-G5s lumber along working in standard def DVCAM, but choke on high def video. And we're ready to make the leap into HD once we have Mac Pros powerful enough to handle it. Source footage will come from Sony HDCAM EX1R (using a long GOP MPEG-2 full HD format) as well as some HDV, probably transcoded to ProRes422 for editing. Could be other flavors of HD down the pike. As you can guess from the fact that we're still working with the trusty old G5's, we're looking to make a long-term investment - to last at least the next 4 years. So we'll want to be able to handle not just the current versions of Final Cut Studio and CS5, but also the next couple of iterations. So when the announcement of new MPs finally comes, what mix of cores and processor speed should we zero in on? Might a single hex core with a high clock be the sweet spot? And what about graphics cards (a subject that especially eludes me ...)? Thanks.