2010 Olympics - Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RockstaForEver, Feb 14, 2010.

1. RockstaForEver macrumors newbie

Heyya all,
    Just wondering has anyone seen a hard case or a carrying sleeve sporting the 2010 Olympic designs for a 15 inch Macbook Pro?

Peace!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

A sleeve or case? I'm sure any generic slim carrying case being sold for a laptop would be available online. I highly doubt that a specific case or sleeve with Olympic insignia for the MBP will be designed and sold.

3. RockstaForEver thread starter macrumors newbie

Shame, but figured as much, I'd have quickly dropped 60 bucks for something like that...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. troopstorm macrumors newbie

6. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

"Pedobear, who is on the far right of the picture, was originally devised by members of the anarchic 4chan message board as a way of mocking users who expressed a sexual interest in young people."

Jesus. Those pedos are going to running for the hills when they find out the pedobear is mocking them.

7. PAC88 macrumors 6502

just get a sleeve you like and have the olympic logo embroidered on by some place around you that does that. probably be cheap to do and you can use whatever design you want.

8. troopstorm macrumors newbie

actually its morphed into a bigger meme than that. it turned into a "spot the rip off from google images".

like this one:

[​IMG]

i do note that the "pedobear" meme has been whittled down to a few lines in wikipedia - there was a more extensive explanation of the meme on there before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan#.22Pedobear.22

my own take on it is that it mocks the memes that the mainstream media run with all the time subconsciously.. and it catches them out. it actually is hilarious in a weird anarchic , almost Monty Python, kinda way.

9. troopstorm macrumors newbie

4chan is surreal in itself. American fansite for Japanese anime and manga primarily. its a remake of the original 2chan from Japan. totally anarchic.
    not for the faint hearted.

10. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I've heard of a company that lets you put any design you want onto your iphone case. It was in a podcast... There was also one where you print your own design onto a huge piece of paper that you can peel off and stick onto your mac

11. RockstaForEver thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, thanks for the idea, although my artsy friend is going to try printing this logo on some fabric and somehow attach it to the 15 inch sleeve sold by apple. Sister's gunna love it....