2010 Refurb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alpha.K, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Alpha.K macrumors member

Is anybody purchasing the 2010 refurbs instead of upgrading to the 2011 models?

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

After reading benchmarks from one person testing both, I'd think they would be foolish unless they are on that tight of a budget.

I'd personally spend the little extra and get the 2011 if I were buying a laptop now. It's faster, it has the new connector (and new processor), and it's not all that much worse for games and has the same battery life. So the only thing it's worse at is games and the guy testing it said he couldn't really see the difference (only his testing software could) when he played so it's not even tellably worse.

Oh, and small thing but it also comes with a bigger HD (I wish mine did. It's hard drive was the same as the one I put in my MB years ago... and I know I didn't spend more than 100 dollars on the HD I put in my MB years ago so they should have been able to put a bigger one than that in the 2010).

3. Alpha.K thread starter macrumors member

Well, there are a lot of people on a budget and the refurb store has the 15" for $1260, practically the same as the 2011 13", so I don't think it would necessarily be foolish.

4. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I paid 1377 overnight shipped, tax out the door for my refurb 15" 2010 model. I don't need a quad core, I needed more screen real estate and better graphics than my 2010 13". Two days ago the same refurb was 1529 plus tax and shipping. Id say I got a awesome deal and didn't spend a bunch of money on specs that I didn't need. For someone that needs a quad core Im sure the new models are a better value.

5. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Sorry, reading comprehension issues. I thought you were comparing a refurb 13" (for money savings) to a new 13". Actually, relooking on your post, you might want to clarify which you are comparing (smarter people than me might point that out before giving you advice and people like me might just assume you are asking the same question they would be asking. For me I'd be comparing 13"'s only cause I don't want a bigger laptop. For a bigger screen I just plug it into my 21" monitor when I'm at home and the portability is worth the smaller screen size when on the go).

Yeah, I don't know about 15" refurb vs. 13" (personally, I wouldn't do the 15" myself cause I prefer the smaller laptop as I plug it in at home to a 21" screen and for me size on a laptop is more important for portability than screen size).