2010 vs 2011 models

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alpha.K, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Alpha.K macrumors member

Assuming the recently rumored specs are true than what would be a better purchase, the 2010 base 15" model or the 2011 base 13" model. If I buy the 15", I'll be sure to buy it after the lauch of the 2011 models for a cheaper price.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not ask this question after apple releases the exact specs.

by way of common sense, most people would think the newer model is a better choice since it contains newer technology

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It depends on your needs, if you want a more portable machine, the 13 inch will be better, if you want a bigger screen then the 15" is the best choice. Either will be powerful enough for most people's needs. Just wait until after the announcement look at the official specs and decide. If you go with the 15" get a refurb, it will be as good as new, and probably cheaper than it is now.

4. wisty macrumors regular

If you need great graphics, the 15 will almost certainly be better. The 13 will be more portable.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, and that's why I opted for the 13" model myself. Portability was a higher need then graphics. I have no regrets over opting for the 13" over the 15"

6. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

When I read threads like this I tend to check the date on my Mac because I get confused it's Thursday (or next week).:p

What's up with all the confidence about what the next MBPs will be like?