2010 white macbook not recharging. Is this glitch common?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LeandrodaFL, Sep 27, 2012.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

Apr 6, 2011
    So, my white macbook 2010, the last white model has this issue now. When I plug in the power cord, the green/orange light doens lit up and the computer is not recharging.

Was this common with this batch of macbooks? What can I do? This problem has occured some months ago, but it magically repair itself last time. In spite of that, I think the problem is now definitive.

Lastly, while moving the macbook around, I always could hear some "clunk", it happened once I started moving and then no more. Now Im not hearing this "clunk" anymore. I tought it was the Hard drive platterns adjusting or something.

Anyways, the computer is running fine, but the power has only a few mintues remaining....HELP
  2. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    try a SMC reset and PRAM reset by
    1.Make sure the Mac is off
    2.holding down CMD+OPTION+P+R and hit the power button
    3.Release the keys when you hear the second chime

If that doesn't solve the problem, contact Apple cuz you might have a defective logic board.
  3. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 6, 2011
    thanks, but I got the problem solved already. I found out that the problem was with the AC charger, its fail safe mecanism had shut itself down after a power outage. I had to reboot the AC charger (leave it off the wall outlet for 1 minute, you have to unplug it)

After that, the charger went back to life. Its insane how many people get that fail safe and the charger stops working, and 99% assume its defective. Simply read the reviews