2011 11.6" MBA Temps

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by worlez, Aug 2, 2011.

1. worlez, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

worlez macrumors newbie

Just curious to know what sort of temperatures people are registering with the 2011 11.6 Macbook Air. I am now on my second machine after the first one arrived with a scratched lid, and I feel like this one is running hotter than the first. I didn't get to check the temps on the first one, but I never remember it feeling hot, or even warm to touch it. However with this replacement machine I am constantly aware the the bottom and the top end of the keyboard is noticeably warm, and it can be quite uncomfortable sometimes. iStatPro registers CPU temp between 45 and 45 deg C, and the base temps from 33 to 39 deg C. I wonder if there is some discrepancy with how the machine is transferring heat?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks

Al

2. hereyago macrumors member

hmmm thats weird. i've been hearing a lot of you guys talk about heat/warmth on the mba 2011 11inch but as for me, i have never felt anything like that.

i dont do anything too CPU intensive so thats prob why. i will tell you the temps when i get home to my mba :p

3. worlez thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'm interested to hear what yours is at!

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I just watched Rango on Zediva with Flash player 11 beta

HDMI out / mirror to my TV.

CPU got upto 79c and dropped down to 65c by end of the film.

Top of keyboard is tepid temperature, base is warm but no more so than my 2010 MBA doing same task.

Personally I can perceive no discernible difference in temp on my usage between this and my last model.

5. Sinnthetic macrumors member

Whenever I browse the internet my Macbook Air is silent and nice and cool.

But start running youtube videos constantly and sky ping and thats when the computer will start to kick up the fan and computer heat up.

But who cares? The thing weighs two pounds whats to expect.

Still love it <3

6. worlez thread starter macrumors newbie