2011 13" MBP Battery Life after 18 months?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jesterscourt, Sep 30, 2012.

1. jesterscourt macrumors regular

Running the latest update on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.2), a couple caveats:
    13" Early 2011
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Upgraded to 8 GB 1333 MhZ RAM
    Upgraded to 750 GB Seagate Momentus 7200 RPM Hybrid Drive

Maybe lasts two hours

According to Coconut Battery, it's been through 285 Battery Loadcycles and is at 90% capacity (5225 mAh/5770 mAh)

I know that having the larger/faster drive causes a battery drain, and probably the increased RAM does as well. There were oodles of threads on the problems with Mountain Lion, but I was under the impression that this was solved with the most recent update. Is it time to get a new battery, or am I expecting too much?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery is fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.