2011 13" MBP right for Logic Pro/ Final cut pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hipwr, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hipwr macrumors newbie

Howdy,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop very soon.

My main question is whether the 2011 13" MBP will run these programs smoothly:

1: Logic Pro / FLstudio
    2: Final Cut Pro
    3: Photoshop/ Illustrator

I'm a fairly heavy user of these three programs namely Logic Pro and FLstudio.

I like the 13" MBP beacuse of: Price point, Size/portability.

However, I worry the intel 3000 may not holdup with some of the programs I want to use (listed above). Also no High-Res/matte screen option is a bit of a bother.....

The 15" is out of my price range for now..

If anyone has a 13" MBP 2011 baseline or the i7 Model and has tested these programs let me know how they run!

Thanks in advance.

2. riggatoney macrumors newbie

not sure

hey i am not sure how practical the 13inch is for such programs. Maybe you would look into buying a refurbished unit from last year, the lack of dedicated GPU will work against you in the long run, not to mention such a low resolution.

3. Tony06 macrumors newbie

Buy IT! the Intel hd3000 surprised me though. better than the 320m, i downloaded a magical driver that i found 2 days ago and it outperformed even the gt330m i had last year in both Crysis and Civilization V. It crashed on me twice during FLstudio last night and im pissed. i thought movie editing was gonna be good....

4. Tony06 macrumors newbie

Seriously, you should buy the refurb 15 low end. just a better buy and man youll be able to work way better in FL (i know its for music). not mentioning the fact that we both agree that intel 3000 sucks. 13 inch is more for portability and if the mba gets a sandy bridge itll kick his ass

5. Kalach macrumors member

Kalach

No... just... no!

High end 15 if you want it to run smoothly. Forget about the 13.

Although i can't speak for logic studio because i don't use it. But i know FCP, and there is no way you can run it with either of the 13's from this upgrade.

If money is an issue. Try getting a refurb 15 from last gen. Hope this helped :)