Price Advice 2011 15" MBP Price Help?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wwe2008, Jun 25, 2012.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I'm off to uni in september and have a 2011 15" MacBook Pro, the specs are:
    15" Hi-Res Screen
    2.2GHz Quad Core Intel i7 processor
    4GB RAM
    750GB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB graphics WITH AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB Graphics
    SuperDrive... etc etc
    It has AppleCare until March 2014 and a few scratches here and there from daily trips to school and back!
    I'm interested in the rMBP because I really like the 15" screen but would love the less weight that it has and I never use the DVD drive.. the only bad thing for me is the hard drive size (very limited on the base option) but external ones are dirt cheap and small now!
    But yeah any idea on the price I could ask for it? I got it with education discount last march (for around £1600ish I think) and so would preferably would like around £1200 (I'd be nice and throw in the booq viper case for it :p) for it if possible so a £400 upgrade to rMBP isn't too bad!!
    Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay sounds good, Mac2Sell says £1050 and so with the condition plus AppleCare for another 2 years I feel around £1300/1400ish is acceptable?!?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You could start there and be willing to come down a bit, if you don't get any interest.

5. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are fees, but from what I hear, it's a good place for selling.

7. NickCapz macrumors newbie

NickCapz

Sold a few idevice's

I've sold and bought a few idevices on eBay. I got hit with some pretty high fee's , then they hit me with PayPal fees I might as well donated my stuff...

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Avoid it like the plague. If you get ripped off the whole system is so slanted towards the buyer your pretty much screwed. Stick to craigslist and meet someone in person. If you feel skittish do it in the police department parking lot. Plus no fees.

9. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Keep your MacBook pro. Maybe add 16gb ram and a ssd and it'll be a beast!

10. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

ah okay cheers, we have a local ebay like site so ill stick on there but living on an island there is limited amount of people who want a top level laptop :D

i would simply upgrade everything but any reduction in weight and size will help at uni in september!!